Your accessible visit to Parke
- 26 November 2023
Find out how hiring the all-terrain mobility scooter at Parke can help you explore the wider estate.
Useful information at a glance
- Parke is a wooded valley and open parkland, with mostly uneven paths, loose stone paths, and some steep gradients and steps.
- We recommend visitors hire our all-terrain mobility scooter instead of using their own mobility scooters or wheelchairs to explore the wider estate.
- There is an accessible toilet near the cafe which can be accessed via a sloped path to avoid the steps.
- There are two accessible spaces in the car park.
- Blue badge holders park for free.
The all-terrain mobility Tramper
We’ve partnered with Countryside Mobility (a charity initiative, operated by Living Options) to offer all-terrain mobility scooter (“Tramper”) hire.
Trampers are safe and easy to use, even if you’ve never needed to use a scooter before. All first time users will be provided with a short introduction to how the Tramper works to ensure you feel safe and confident and an explanation of where you can safely go based on auditing by Countryside Mobility.
On completion of this you’ll become a member of Countryside Mobility. This provides insurance cover and acts like a driving license, giving access to Trampers across their network of 50+ beauty spots around the South West and Wales.
Choose from Annual (£15), 2 week ‘Taster’ (£5) or single use (£3).
The Tramper is very popular so it’s best to book a couple of days in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 01626 834748. To help cover the costs of providing this service we invite a donation of up to £5 per hire.
Find out about visiting Parke with your dog, from where you can and can't take them, to the facilities available to dog owners. Parke is a one pawprint rated place.