Climb, play, watch, learn.
- 07 December 2023
Hardy Monument has something for everyone, from breathtaking walks to fun trails, interesting historical facts and picnic spots with wheelchair accessible benches. We hope everyone will takeaway something memorable from a visit to Hardy Monument.
Hardy Monument has so much to offer a wide audience and thanks to funding received from the National Grid we have the following new additions for our visitors:
- Opening of the monument more regualry in peak seasons so visitors can enjoy the view after they have climbed the 120 steps to reach the viewing platform. Please check this webpage for dates and time.
- Free use of a children's periscope so our younger visitors can safely see the views over the top of the viewing platform once they have climbed to the top of the monument.
- Become a Mini Explorer and follow a family themed trail around the landscape where the monument stands.
- Wheelchair accessible picnic benches near the Hardy Monument car park.
- Speak to our Welcome Team about our information and walk leaflet.
- Purchase a collectable Hardy Monument pin badge.
- Learn to tie knots by using our specially designed knot station.
- Learn about the monument by watching this beutifully edited video: Hardy Monument- Discovery Video - YouTube
- Identify key landmarks by watching the 'pin drop' video: Hardy Monument- View from Hardy Locations - YouTube
- Free parking for all to enjoy.