Seasonal activities for the family at Sissinghurst
Enjoy a fun-filled family day out at Sissinghurst Castle Garden. With our gardens, lakes and over 400 acres to explore, there's something for everyone.
Planning your family visit
Here's the information you need at a glance to make the most of your family day out at Sissinghurst Castle Garden:
- There is a new bespoke pushchair parking area at the back of Visitor Reception where visitors who wish to enter the formal garden can leave them
- Dogs on leads are welcome around the wider estate but are unfortunately not allowed inside the formal garden
- Baby-changing facilities are available
- There's a beautiful seated picnic area next to the Vegetable Garden which overlooks the Weald
- The wider estate is accessible to pushchairs. Please take care around the uneven terrain
Things to do in Autumn
- Seasonal spotter sheets
- Immerse yourself in nature at Sissinghurst with spotter sheets for every season. You can pick one up for free at Visitor Reception. Can you find all the iconic birds and plants for this season?
What else can I do?
- Improved natural play area
- Venture down to the play area by the lakes and encounter den building and even a climbable carved dragon!
- Lake-side discoveries
- Our lakes are the perfect place to discover wildlife, from inquisitive ducks to scavenging squirrels. You may even be lucky enough to spot the majestic heron as it rests. Challenge your little ones to find the fairy door hidden in one of the trees.
Sissinghurst Castle Garden is a one pawprint rated place. Dogs are welcome so you can feel at ease when strolling through the estate. Here's some useful information to help you enjoy your walk.