Dating from the 17th century, this public house (leased to a private company) is London's last remaining galleried inn.
Dating from the 17th century this public house, leased to a private company, is London's last remaining galleried inn.
Did you know?
- The galleries which front the building were once common on inns
- Many other surviving examples were lost during the Second World War
- The original George Inn was destroyed by fire in 1676
- Charles Dickens visited the site when it was a coffee house...
- ...and it's mentioned in Little Dorrit