Booking your visit to Cherrybury
Discover how to book your ticket to visit Cherryburn to visit the cottage, farmhouse and garden, as well as what to do on arrival and how to change your booking.
How to book your visit
- We ask visitors to book visits in advance.
- Every Thursday we release new bookings for visits the following week.
- Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit. The timeslot is for your arrival time only.
- Bookings are for your use only and are not available for resale.
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Book your visit
Changing your booking
If you set up an account when you made your booking, you will be able to amend the date/time of your booking online up to 24 hours before the date of your visit, or by calling 0344 249 1895
If you are a member and can no longer attend, please let us know by giving us a call on 0344 249 1895
Arriving at Cherryburn
- Please have your booking details and membership card to hand when you arrive.
- Visitors are asked to arrive at the start of your 30-minute timeslot, late arrivals may not be admitted.
- We offer a tailored outdoor introduction to the property – if you are late you may miss this.
- Please come dressed for the weather, with sturdy footwear.
There’s lots to discover at the birthplace of Thomas Bewick, from watching a printing demonstration and seeing his intricate artworks to spending time in the tranquil garden.
Discover the story of 18th-century artist and naturalist Thomas Bewick, from his birth at Cherryburn and mischievous childhood, to the intricate engravings that made him famous.