What you need to know about visiting Wallington
- 07 July 2022
We can’t wait to welcome you to Wallington. Take a gentle stroll around the walled garden, burn off steam in the four play parks and refuel with a bite to eat in the café. Here's all you need to know about visiting.
On your visit
There's so much to see and do at Wallington all year round. Whether you have a couple of hours or all day to explore, there's something for everyone.
- The Walled Garden is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- The four fun-packed play areas; the play fort, adventure playground, play train and station platform and the Little Acorns nature play space are all open everyday (weather permitting).
- The Clocktower cafe is open every day from 10am to 5pm, offering a selection of hot and cold drinks and food.
- The gift shops in the courtyard are both open every day from 11am to 5pm.
- The River walk, Farm walk, Wannie Line walk and Greenleighton Quarry walk offering wonderful opportunities for nature spotting are open all year round.
- The newly opened in 2023 Wellbeing woods located in the west woods near to the wildlife hide is open every day.
- The wildlife hide in the west woods is open daily; a great place to enjoy some bird spotting. Keep your eyes peeled for the resident red squirrels too.
- The Dragon cycle trail is open all year round. Bring your own bikes and enjoy a two-wheeled adventure.
- The wood-fired pizza trailer next to cycle hire just off the courtyard is open 12pm-3pm on weekends and every day in the school holidays.
- The Dragon kiosk in the west woods (next to the play fort) open weekends and school holidays 11am to 3pm.
Currently closed are:
- The House, reopening for the new season on Monday 25 March 2024.
- The Garden kiosk in the walled garden is now closed for the season, reopening in spring 2024.
- The Ice Cream Parlour in the courtyard also closed for the season, reopening in spring 2024.
- Cycle hire is now reopening in spring 2024.
Parking and arrival
You don't need to book to visit Wallington. A member of our admissions team will greet you on arrival. Entry to the property and car park is free for National Trust members, please bring your membership cards with you. Non-members will need to buy an admission ticket on arrival, which includes parking.
Walled Garden: 10am to 4pm
Courtyard café: 10am to 5pm
Shops: 11am to 5pm
Car park: 10am to 5pm
Toilets: 10am to 5pm
Accessible parking: available in the main car park. There is also accessible parking next to the Walled Garden, please speak to a member of the welcome team on arrival for details.
Toilets: Toilets are open in the Courtyard and in the Clocktower Café, each with one accessible toilet. Baby changing facilities are available in both. There is also a toilet at the walled garden.
Mobility scooter: We have a small number of scooters available to book with no charge, donations are welcome. Please email email@example.com to book 48 hours in advance or call 01670 773606.
Other things to note
Please take litter home with you.
Dogs are very welcome at Wallington but should be kept on a lead at all times, in all areas. By doing this you’re helping keep the Wallington wildlife safe. Dogs are allowed in the cafe. Assistance dogs only in the House.
There is no WiFi on site and phone signal is limited.
Barbecues and open fires created by visitors are not permitted at Wallington.