Sustainable travel in Shropshire & Staffordshire
- 15 August 2023
Whether you’re looking to travel by train, bus, bike or foot. Plan your day out in Shropshire and Staffordshire using greener travel options.
Travel by bus
- Attingham Park - Take the 96 service from Shrewsbury, alight at the Mytton & Mermaid Hotel which is a 15-minute walk from the entrance.
- Shugborough Estate – Take the Arriva 825 service from Stafford station to Lichfield. Alight after the pub at the Barley Mow, which is a short walk along the bridleway towards Visitor Reception. You can also take the Arriva 826 bus from Stafford, alight at Great Hayward, cross Essex Bridge and access the bridleway from there.
- Wightwick Manor – The number 9 service runs from Wolverhampton to Bridgnorth Road, alight at Wightwick Bank on Bridgnorth Road beside Mermaid pub and enter site by the pedestrian entrance, 50 yards up main road from bus stop.
- Dudmaston - The 297 Arriva bus service runs between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster. There are a number of bus stops along the A442 which are convenient for visiting the estate. There is no bus service on Sundays.
- Biddulph Grange Garden - The D&G Bus 94 service runs from Congleton, alight at Biddulph (Grange Road) and take the short walk to the entrance (this service does not run at weekends).
- Carding Mill Valley - 435 service from Shrewsbury - Ludlow, alight at Church Stretton which is a 1/2 mile walk away. A shuttle bus directly to Carding Mill Valley is available at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
- Moseley Old Hall - Catch the number 33 bus from Wolverhampton Bus Station towards Northwood Park. Alight at Carisbrooke Rd, then there is a 20 min walk to Moseley Old Hall.
- Benthall Hall - Arriva services from Telford to Much Wenlock, route 18.
- Kinver Edge & The Rock Houses - From Merry Hill bus station take the number 228 bus to Kinver. From Stourbridge Interchange take the number 242 to Kinver. From Kidderminster take the number 580 to Kinver.
Nearby railway stations
Don’t forget to plan your onward journey from the train station.
- Attingham Park - The nearest train station is Shrewsbury (5 miles), taxi services are available.
- Wightwick Manor – The nearest train station is Wolverhampton (3 miles), taxis are available, or the number 9 bus takes you to within 50 yards of Wightwick Manor.
- Biddulph Grange Garden – The nearest train station is Congleton (2.5 miles), the 94 bus service runs to Biddulph village.
- Carding Mill Valley – The nearest station is Church Stretton (1 mile), Carding Mill Valley can be reached on foot.
- Moseley Old Hall – The nearest train station is Wolverhampton (4 miles), taxis are available.
- Benthall Hall - The nearest station is Telford Central (7.5 miles), taxis are available.
- Kinver Edge & the Rock Houses - The nearest train station is Stourbridge (5 miles), taxis are usually available.
- Sunnycroft - The nearest train station is Wellington, a 0.5 mile walk from Sunnycroft.
The National Cycle Network (NCN) is a UK-wide network of signed paths and routes, ideal if you’re looking to reach places by bike.
- Biddulph Grange Garden - NCN55.
- Kinver Edge & the Rock Houses - NCN54 is within 5 miles.
- Sunnycroft - NCN81 is within 1 mile.
Arriving by foot
- Kinver Edge & the Rock Houses – the Estate lies at the end of the Staffordshire way, and can also be reached on foot from Kinver Village.
- Carding Mill Valley – is on the Jack Mytton Way and Shropshire Way.
- Biddulph Grange Garden - Pedestrians can also use cycle route NCN55 to access the gardens on foot.
- Shugborough Estate - is on the Staffordshire Way.
We're working with a new supplier, RAW Charging, to bring more electric vehicle charging points to the places in our care.
At Attingham Park we have 2 electric vehicle charging points available in the main car park.