Volunteering at the Tudor Merchant’s House
- 15 May 2023
Join in and be part of our knowledgeable and passionate team at the Tudor Merchant’s House. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, make new friends and expand your horizons.
House experience volunteers.
Our House Experience Volunteers add the sparkle to any visit – giving everyone a warm welcome, bringing stories from Tudor Merchant’s to life and helping people get the best out of their day.
By getting involved, you could…
- Spend time in our fabulous places that are packed with history
- Get to know Tudor Merchant’s House and our visitors
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and form new friendships
- Gain experience in storytelling and visitor welcome
- Develop and share your knowledge
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, forever.
- Creating a warm welcome for everyone who visits
- Responding to the different needs of different visitors, including people with additional access needs
- Finding out what visitors are looking for from their visit and helping them decide how to get the best of their day
- Sharing inspirational stories, curious facts and practical information or simply the space for visitors to wander at their own pace
- Learning more about Tudor Merchant’s House so you can share all that’s special – indoors and out
- There’ll be plenty of opportunity to do the little things that make a big difference, such as opening a door to a secret corridor or room.
- Responding to the changing needs of Tudor Merchant’s House – getting involved in supporting temporary exhibitions and permanent collections, researching, hosting, leading tours or leading talks.
- Supporting with health and safety and evacuation procedures if required
Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid.
Why join us?
There are lots of reasons to join us; making the move to volunteer could be the best decision you ever make.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life and forge new friendships
- Utilise your existing skills and learn new ones.
- Strengthen your CV and help to develop your career.
- Enjoy the great outdoors.
- Learn about the history of this special place.