Big Camp at Waddesdon Manor
Big Camp is coming to Waddesdon this summer on Saturday 4 August to Sunday 5 August and we can't wait. A unique opportunity to camp out in the beautiful gardens with the backdrop of the Aviary. It's time to sleep under the stars...
Long after all the other visitors have gone home for the night, have a camping adventure at Waddesdon by pitching your tent in the beautiful Aviary Glade. As darkness falls there’ll be lots to enjoy and fun activities to take part in, including our professionally run campfire, nature walks, stargazing and family activities. At bedtime cuddle up with a hot chocolate, share stories and listen to the birdsong from our Aviary friends.
Your ticket includes your admission and a breakfast roll in the morning. There will be an evening BBQ which you will be able to pay for on the day. To book call 01296 820414.
- Adult £30
- Child £15
- Date: Saturday 4 August 2018
- Times: Arrive from 5.30pm and depart from camp site 10.30am next morning. Why not extend your visit and explore the gardens the next day - you can stay until we close the gardens at 5pm
- Toilets facilities will be available throughout the weekend
- Nearer the event date we'll send you further information regarding arrivals and where to go
- This is a family friendly event, all ages are encouraged to get outdoors for some adventures. There are plenty of different activities to choose from suitable for everyone
50 Things to see and do before you’re 11 ¾
As well as getting involved in organised activities, Waddesdon has many of the 50 Things to do which you can complete at your own pace. Pick up a booklet from our Welcome Pavilion to tick off or bring along yours to add more to your collection. Here are some of our top summer activities to do by yourself at Big camp:
- Roll down a really big hill – just below the Parterre is perfetc for this!
- Hunt for bugs
- Go star gazing – Get out the charts and see how many of the constellations you can spot, our countryside location means we have less light-pollution to help you gaze into the night
- Bird watching - you'll be right by the Aviary so as well as the birds in the gardens to spot you can say hello to the rare and exotic birds there