May half-term fun at Waddesdon
Yippee it's nearly summer and we've lots for you to do this May half-term. Go on an amazing journey through Colourscape, a giant inflatable full of light, colour and music and go wild in our Woodland Playground. Whatever the weather this half-term you can enjoy your school holiday at Waddesdon.
Included in your grounds ticket, 10am-5pm
Sat 25 May-Sun 2 June inclusive.
Our working Aviary houses a colourful collection of rare exotic birds, many close to extinction. Come and learn about where the birds come from, and how we breed and protect them.
Look out for our resident Rothschild Mynah when you visit the Aviary, the inspiration for our mascot Mimi the Mynah.
Meet the keeper
Included in your grounds ticket
Every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 2pm
Join our free 20 minute talk given by a member of the Aviary team and learn more about what it takes to look after endangered birds.
Inside the house
Sat 25 May-Sun 2 June inclusive. Normal admission charges apply.
Wed-Fri: 12pm-4pm, last entry 3.10pm
Sat-Sun: 11am-4pm, last entry 3.10pm
A perfect thing to do if it starts raining. Pop into the house and take cover and while you're there take a look at the beautiful rooms and amazing collection of items Baron Ferdinand collected. Did you know we have lots of animals inside the house, can you spot the monkey clock and the sparkly elephant? See how many more you can find?
- Baby-changing and feeding facilities at both the Manor and Stables
- Front-carrying slings and hip-carrying infant seats are available for loan when visiting the house
- Children's menus are available in both our restaurants
- Plenty of open spaces for running about
- Under 5's can bring their scooters and small bikes into the grounds. We suggest the pathways near the aviary and rose garden are the best places to use