Plan your visit to West Wycombe Park
The grounds at West Wycombe Park are open from 1 April to 31 August and the house from 1 August, Sunday to Thursday 2-5 pm. Booking is no longer required at West Wycombe Park.
Parking and arrival
Please park in the car park and then make your way to the Visitor Welcome point where you will be able to purchase a ticket to visit the grounds. If you’re a member please show your membership card so that our welcome team can scan it.
Last entry is 3.30 - 4.00 pm when the car park will then close to visitors.
There are walks and pathways around the landscaped grounds to explore West Wycombe Park and open spaces and shaded spots for you to enjoy being outdoors and in nature and take in the stunning views.
You can see a map of the grounds on your arrival.
- There is an accessible toilet available in the car park and in the lower ground floor of the house
- Some areas of the grounds near the house are roped off to maintain safe spaces for visitors and tenants.
- There is no buggy service available for the time being.
- Sorry, no dogs or picnics are allowed at the Park.
As Covid restrictions ease we are removing many of the measures that were in place at Hughenden, including the need to pre-book your visit and the one-way route around the gardens, and retaining some to keep everyone safe.
Safety remains our priority for our staff, volunteers and visitors, and so we have retained the following measures for the time being:
- Hand sanitiser is available at the house and in the visitor welcome kiosk
- Touch points are sanitised in all areas as part of our enhanced cleaning regime
- Perspex screens are in place at the till point in the visitor welcome kiosk
- An NHS Test and Trace QR code for the property is displayed at the kiosk for visitors who wish to take part. A paper version is available for those unable to use the app
- Whilst face coverings are optional, we recommend wearing them in indoor spaces, such as the house, and any areas which are busy
- Ventilation is prioritised and wherever possible windows and doors are opened to ensure good air flow
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus, please don’t visit.
Visiting the house
Numbers are limited for safety in the house and places are available on a first-come first-served basis on the day. (A visit ticket does not necessarily guarantee entry to the house on busy days.)
Monday-Thursday the house is open with guided tours, the last tour is at 4pm. On Sundays the house is open for you to walk through independently, guides will be available in the rooms to answer any questions.
Please bear with us as we may need to close some elements on the day depending on staff and volunteer resources.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your support.