Christmas at Attingham 2021
Enjoy a festive visit to Attingham this Christmas. We’re bringing a sprinkling of sparkle and a touch of Attingham Christmas magic to the indoors and outdoors at Attingham this year; come dressed for the weather to enjoy the best of nature this season, and step inside the Mansion to see it dressed for Christmas parties, past and present. This festive season we’re asking all visitors to book their visit to Attingham.
From Saturday 27 November to Monday 3 January we’re asking all visitors, including National Trust members, to book their visit in advance, even if they just want to visit the outdoors at Attingham.
We have two types of tickets available, one for the Mansion and Outdoors and an Outdoors Only ticket. By using a booking system we’re able to manage the capacity of visitors at Attingham at any one time, ensuring that the busy areas of the property, like our cafés, toilets, and car park don’t get too busy.
Christmas hosted by Attingham
Saturday 27 November to Monday 3 January (excluding Christmas Day)
We want to keep Christmas at Attingham special- indoors and outdoors – not just for this Christmas, or even next Christmas, but for many more to come.
We welcome tens of thousands of visitors to Attingham over the Christmas period and we’re trialling a booking system so that everyone has an enjoyable visit and to help ensure that our visitors can explore the house, garden, and parkland safely. By using a booking system we’re able to manage the capacity of visitors at Attingham at any one time, ensuring that the popular areas of the park aren’t too busy and that everyone can have a fantastic experience.
Booking will be required for visitors wishing to book for a visit to the ‘Mansion and Outdoors’, as well as a visit to the ‘Outdoors Only’ (includes access to facilities such as café and shop).
There will be two types of timed entry ticket available to visit Attingham during the Christmas period:
Mansion and Outdoors (timed entry visit for the Mansion, and access to the whole of the park).
Outdoors Only (a visit to the park, includes access to facilities such as the café and shop, does not include entry to the Mansion).
All visitors to Attingham arriving after 9am will need to have pre-booked tickets to visit, there is no additional charge for National Trust members and under 5s, non-members will pay the admission fee at time of booking.
Visitors arriving between 8am and 9am for a visit to the outdoors only will not need to book to visit.
We expect to be fully booked for ‘Mansion and Outdoors’ tickets on popular days and we are extending opening the Mansion after Christmas until Monday 3 January this year to provide more opportunity for people to visit.
Things to see and do at Attingham this Christmas
Let Attingham set the scene for your Christmas meet ups with family and friends.
- Get into the Christmas party spirit with a family trail around the Mile Walk. Trail packs for 'The Christmas Masquerade Trail' will be available from Visitor Reception and trail packs cost £3 each.
- Take in the sights of the Christmas decorations around the Stables.
- Step inside the Mansion to find out more about Christmas parties past and present for those who lived at, and visited the Mansion. The Mansion ground floor (showrooms) will be festively decorated for a Christmas ‘above stairs’. The basement will tell the stories of Christmas parties for those working ‘below stairs’. Don’t forget to book a 'Mansion and Outdoors' ticket if you’d like to visit the Mansion.
- You’ll find traditionally inspired Christmas decorations, Christmas cards, and a wide range of Christmas gifts available in Attingham’s Stables Shop. Perfect for presents and great for gifts. Don’t forget to stop off at the Second-hand Bookshop – great value, and for a great cause as proceeds from the sales of our second-hand books help to keep Attingham a special place now, and for the future.
- Watch our outdoors team feeding the Attingham Deer herd their winter rations at 3pm in the Deer Park on weekends and daily in the school holidays.
How to book your tickets.
We expect tickets to be available as below:
Thursday 18 November – tickets released for Saturday 27 November to Friday 3 December
Thursday 25 November – tickets released for Saturday 4 to Friday 10 December
Thursday 2 December – tickets for Saturday 11 to Friday 17 December
Thursday 9 December – tickets for Saturday 18 to Friday 24 December
Thursday 16 December – tickets for Sunday 26 to Friday 31 December
Thursday 23 December – tickets for Saturday 1 to Monday 3 January
Tickets will be available to book by 11am on these Thursdays (they will not be available any earlier than 9am – but may become available at anytime between 9am-11am) once available online the Central Booking Team will also be able to take bookings over the phone.
We recommend that you book your visit to Attingham in advance via our website. Without a booking we won’t be able to guarantee entry this winter.
Tickets will be made available on a rolling basis every Thursday, for later dates. For example, if you’d like to visit Attingham on Saturday 11 December, the earliest date you’ll be able to book this visit is Thursday 2 December.
When tickets are available they can be booked online via the What's On section on the Attingham homepage or by calling 03442 491895.
For more information on Christmas at Attingham please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 708170 (please note that bookings can only be made via the website or by calling the Central Booking Line on 03442 491895.
Visiting Father Christmas
This year visits to Father Christmas will take place at Sunnycroft again.