Christmas at Coleton Fishacre
Celebrate traditions old and new this Christmas at Coleton Fishacre. From the twinkle of lights and crisp winter walks, to warming cups of cheer and gift ideas a-plenty, there's something for everyone this festive season.
Festive days out
To help you plan ahead, Coleton Fishacre's festive opening times are:
- Open from 11am - 4pm on Saturday's and Sunday's between 4-19 December 2021
- Open every day from 11am - 4pm between Monday 27 and Friday 31 December 2021
- Closed from 1 - 7 January 2022
- Reopen from 11am - 4pm on Saturday's and Sunday's between 8 - 30 January 2022
A very vintage Christmas
Join the festivities in the house as we step back in time to 1929 with a Christmas party in the heyday of the D'Oyly Cartes. The house is adorned with elegant lights, opulent decorations and the perfect party accessories, as if the family have just taken a break from the feasting, dancing and celebrating.
Can you help Percy the Park Keeper?
On weekends from 4-19 December 2021, daily between 27-31 December 2021, and weekends 8-30 January 2022.
Based on the beloved books from writer and illustrator Nick Butterworth comes a festive outdoor trail with Percy The Park Keeper. There's lots of work to be done in the garden at wintertime, and Percy's needs some help. So why not step into his wellies and become his helper for the day? Armed with clues and help from his woodland friends, there's tons of fun to be had as you get closer to nature on this outdoor trail.
Trail price £2, booking not needed.
Winter walks and rosy cheeks
The garden and surrounding areas at Coleton Fishacre have the best of both worlds. Blustery coastal paths to tramp along with bracing sea air, or crunchy woodland paths to stroll through. Whatever walk suits you and yours this winter, we've got you covered. Here's some of our favourite spots, and don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for some wintery wildlife.
- Best view: take the path which leads off to the left of the house and along the top garden. The surprise that waits at the end is a panoramic view of the coast
- Stop, catch your breath: the Rill Garden is serene all year round, as the water meanders down through the rill and out over into the pond
- Best place for a photo: the gazebo looks out over the valley garden, where you can spot the path weaving between glades. The stretching view makes for perfect snap