Learning Assistant Placement
Would you like to join the Learning and Community team at Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House?
By getting involved, you will…
- Experience working with a wide variety of children and adult groups.
- Use your communication skills to deliver classes, workshops and events.
- Share your knowledge and enthusiasm with younger visitors
- Make new friends.
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team.
- Learn about the history, nature and conservation management and running of Portstewart Strand, Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House.
- Have the chance to help as required across all departments on various projects to gain key transferable skills.
- Gain valuable working experience within the largest conservation charity in Europe.
- Learning more about the sites so you can help bring them to life for younger visitors.
- Leading and helping with activity sessions in schools and on site.
- Helping with school visits.
- Helping with adult group visits and walks and talks.
- Making sure everything runs smoothly and safely.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Someone who enjoys meeting people and working with children and young people.
- Enthusiastic and excited about telling stories and giving presentations.
- Friendly and ready to answer questions.
- Keen about sharing knowledge about conservation and the environment.
- Placements run from September to June.
- Placements are voluntary.
- Travel costs are fully covered.
- You will receive a volunteer card which has many benefits including free entry onto all of our sites.
- All equipment necessary will be provided.