Christmas at Dunham Massey: the magical, after-dark, illuminated trail...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas when the trees and formal gardens of Dunham Massey are all aglow for a magical after-dark experience.
Dates: 1 – 30 December. Friday, Saturday, Sunday throughout the month and then every day from Thursday 14 December.
Time: The event takes place from 4.45pm – 10pm with 9 timeslots each night.
In partnership with Raymond Gubbay Limited, Dunham Massey will be transformed into a winter wonderland this December– a one mile sparkling path winding through the historic woodland with plenty of surprises along the way.
Wander beneath tree canopies illuminated in seasonal shards of light, larger-than-life snowflakes and baubles. Father Christmas sees you on your way* through twinkling tunnels along a swaying lawn of colour and beside reflections in the water. In the distance, glimpse the flickering plumes of the scented Fire Garden. As you duck between sparkling hedgerows, discover the Singing Trees rising high into the night sky and venture on into Pealight Heaven, a canopy of over 100,000 fairy lights. Pause at the festive finale as brightly coloured water jets dance in time to much-loved Christmas classics.
Afterwards treat yourself to your favourite winter tipple, or enjoy some toasted marshmallows around one of the fire pits**, whilst the aroma of roasted chestnuts fills the air. If you want to warm up indoors, enjoy yummy treats in our Visitor Centre café or do a little Christmas shopping in our shop.
*please note that this is not a meet and greet with Father Christmas.
**additional charges apply.
- National Trust members – please make sure you have the discount code before booking your tickets. Check your latest newsletter or magazine.
- We advise you to book your parking when purchasing your tickets unless you’re planning to travel by public transport
- You may wish to pack a torch as our paths may be difficult to see in the dark
- Make sure you wrap up warm as the event will all be outside and it’s cold at this time of year
- Please leave your furry friends at home. Assistance dogs only are allowed on the trail
- Don’t forget to charge your camera and share your pictures online using #christmasatdunhammassey