Assessment of our building contractors
At the National Trust we look after special places for ever, for everyone. Our building contractors play an important role in this, by providing the skills and resources we need to deliver projects and maintain our properties.
It's important that all goods, services and works meet applicable legal and industry standards for competency, ethics and environment, financial health, insurance, licenses and accreditations. Our new method of assurance for building contractors ensures that we meet the standards that are expected of us as a leading conservation charity.
Here you’ll find useful information about the National Trust’s standards of assurance and how to get started. If you're a building contractor, you’ll need to be a fully verified member of Constructionline (Level2 / Silver) or (Level1/Bronze – NB. only acceptable for small firms where turnover is less than £350k p.a.) and Health and Safety scheme accredited to Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).
What you need to do
To start your application process visit the Constructionline website. Before you get started please review the checklists below, making sure you have all the required information and evidence to hand will make the process a lot easier.
" We're committed to working with our suppliers in a way that protects our visitors, staff and volunteers, our places and the environment. By working with Constructionline we expect to bring professionalism, efficiency, and consistency to the way we assess building contractors. This will meet our business and legal requirements and add value for contractors too. "
Benefits to contractors
As well as meeting the Trust’s standards, there are many benefits to being a verified member of Constructionline and SSIP, including:
- A single profile to keep updated to qualify for many large contracts, prevent duplication and save time and money
- Tailored assessment, proving fitness to supply or identifying areas to improve
- A more simple qualification process managed through a single solution
- Access to the opportunities notice board to discover contract prospects relevant to your expertise
- Hosted 'Meet the Buyer' events
What to do next
- Register with Constructionline and complete the assessment to Level 2 / Silver. By joining Constructionline you'll become part of a 45,000 strong community of likeminded suppliers. Representing over a quarter of the industry, Constructionline is the UK's most connected and progressive provider of procurement and supply chain management services.
- Register with an SSIP scheme and provide details of this at the appropriate stage of your Constructionline assessment.
Constructionline offer their own SSIP assessment, Acclaim.
- If you are new to the Trust you’ll also need to register your details with Proactis.