Assurance standards for our building contractors
We look after special places for ever, for everyone, and building contractors play a key role in this. Find out about our assurance standards – which ensure we meet the standards expected of us as a leading conservation charity – and how to get started.
Why are assurance standards important?
Building contractors play an important role in looking after special places, by providing the skills and resources we need to deliver new projects and maintenance.
It’s important that all goods, services and works meet applicable legal and industry standards for competency, ethics and environment, financial health, insurance, licences and accreditations.
Our assurance standards for building contractors
You’ll need to be a fully verified member of Constructionline (Level2/Silver) or (Level1/Bronze – this level is only acceptable for small firms where turnover is less than £350,000 per annum) and a Health and Safety scheme accredited to Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).
Checklists before you start
Please review these checklists to make sure you’re ready to sign up to Constructionline. Having all the required information and evidence to hand will make the process a lot easier.
Get started in three steps
- Register with Constructionline
- Register with Constructionline and complete the assessment to Level 1/Bronze or Level 2/Silver.Sign up to Constructionline
- Register with an SSIP scheme
- Register with an SSIP scheme and provide details of this at the appropriate stage of your Constructionline assessment. Note that Constructionline offer their own SSIP assessment, Acclaim Accreditation.Details of SSIP schemes
- Register with Proactis
- If you’re a new supplier to the National Trust, you’ll need to register your details with our supplier management system.See our information for suppliers
Benefits of Constructionline membership
By joining Constructionline you’ll become part of a 45,000-strong community of likeminded suppliers. Representing over a quarter of the industry, Constructionline is the UK’s most connected and progressive provider of procurement and supply chain management services.
As well as meeting the Trust’s standards, there are many benefits to being a verified member of Constructionline and SSIP, including:
- A single profile to keep updated to qualify for many large contracts, prevent duplication and save time and money
- Tailored assessment, proving fitness to supply or identifying areas to improve
- A more simple qualification process managed through a single solution
- Access to the opportunities noticeboard to discover contract prospects relevant to your expertise
- Hosted Meet the Buyer events
‘We’re committed to working with our suppliers in a way that protects our visitors, staff and volunteers, the places we look after and the environment. By working with Constructionline we bring professionalism, efficiency and consistency to the way we assess building contractors. This meets our business and legal requirements and adds value for contractors too.’
- Phil McGirr, Head of Building