Great Scone Bake
It’s the debate dividing the nation (no, not that one) - which is better, jam first or cream first?
We’re inviting you to bake for what you believe in and join the National Trust’s Great Scone Bake fundraising event on this year's National Cream Tea Day, on Friday 28 June 2019.
Whether you're a first-time baker or seasoned campaigner, join people across the nation and fly the flag for your favourite way to serve a scone - Devon or Cornish style - by hosting a cream tea fundraiser on Friday 28 June.
Rally your friends, family and colleagues to make, sell and scoff scones to support the National Trust as your favourite charity, and raise money to protect the places you love. Find all the ingredients you need to whip-up a successful bake sale with our fundraising kit and tips below.
Let's raise some dough
The money you raise could help keep coastal paths safe or conserve a medieval tapestry. Your efforts could help restore the landscape to its natural state, so animals and plants can thrive. Rest assured that donations raised will ensure special places stay special, forever, for everyone.
Fundraise for the places you love
The kit includes:
- a fundraising guide packed with ideas, hints and tips on how to bake the best scones
- stickers to proudly shout about what you’ve done
- a pledge card to help keep you motivated and on target
- Great Scone Bake posters to ensure as many people know as possible
- and a collection box to gather those important donations
Top scone tips from the National Trust
- 1 No twisting please - straighten your cutter for an even rise
- 2 Nobody wants a soggy bottom. Cool your bake on a wire rack
- 3 Always eat scones fresh, on the day of baking
" There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."