Make an autumn heart decoration
Many Americans welcome the onset of autumn by hanging a seasonal wreath or decoration on their front door. Why not literally 'take a leaf' from our friends across the pond and make one for your own home using our tutorial?
Things you need:
- Long bendy twigs
- Ivy or vines
- String, wool or raffia
- Leaves, pinecones, nuts and/or berries
- Hot glue gun (optional)
What to do:
- Gather and bend the twigs into a shape you like (we used a heart shape) and wrap your string, wool or raffia around it in a spiralling motion to hold them together.
- If using ivy or vines, wrap these around the twig shape in the same way, using some string to tie the ends to the twigs.
- Here comes the fun part. Start decorating your twig shape with the more colourful items such as leaves, pinecones and berries. You can secure them with florist’s wire, tie them on with string, tuck them into the gaps between the twigs or use a hot glue gun.
- Finally, add a loop of string, wool or raffia for hanging.