Our members' handbook
Our members' handbook is where you'll find all the inspiration you need to plan a great day out or to discover more about the places we look after. Without your support, we wouldn't be able to care for them.
For many members, the handbook has always been an important source of inspiration and information. For 2022, we've reintroduced opening times and as always, you can find maps, descriptions and photographs, contact details and access information for each place.
Things to see and do, eat and shop aren't included due to the ongoing uncertainty around coronavirus, and we recommend checking the website of the place you want to visit before travelling for our most up-to-date visiting information.
New for 2022, the handbook now has a dog-friendliness rating to help you plan your visit. Each place that allows dogs has one, two or three pawprints indicating which provide dog facilities, such as water bowls, off-lead areas and dog-friendly cafés.
What's in the handbook?
- Who the National Trust is and what we do
- Opening dates and times, although we recommend checking online before you travel as they can change
- Descriptions and photographs of most of the places in our care
- How to contact and visit places
- Maps showing the places in each region
- Basic access information
- A dog-friendliness pawprint rating for each place
What's on the website and app?
- Opening dates and times, prices and all visiting details
- More detailed access information
- Things to see and do
- Eating, drinking and shopping
- Dogs – where they’re welcome and where there are restrictions
- Holiday cottages, hotels, bothies and campsites
- Our ‘Land Map’ – everything we look after
- How to get involved and volunteer with us
Where else can I find this information?
- Start with our website for up-to-date visiting information
- Download the app – just search ‘National Trust App’ in your app store
- Or call us on 0344 800 1895