Run a marathon for the National Trust
Are you thinking about getting fitter and running more this year? How about giving yourself an even bigger goal to aim for that will not only improve your fitness, but also help to look after the places you love?
Sign up to run a charity marathon or half marathon for the National Trust and you'll be helping us to care for woodlands where wildlife thrives, history-filled houses and wild coastlines.
This year, we're looking for runners to take part in one of the following road running events: Brighton Marathon and the Great North Run.
Which special place will you be thinking of as you pound towards the finishing line? Perhaps it's the beach you train on, the woodland trail where you walk your dog, or the castle you explored with your grandparents.
Whether it's your first charity marathon running event or your 21st, we'd love you to put on your race shoes for us at these upcoming events:
- Brighton Marathon, 19 April 2020 - registration is now closed
- Great North Run, 13 September 2020
When you run a charity marathon, or half marathon for us, we'll support you every step of the way with your fundraising. You'll receive a kit full of ideas, a race vest, head scarf and training tips to make sure you cross the finish line with a spring in your step and a smile on your face.
How we'll support you
If you do sign up to run for us, we'll give you plenty of support to achieve your fundraising and fitness goals. As part of this you will receive:
- help setting up your JustGiving page;
- advice on how to fundraise;
- help with your preparations for race day, including motivational emails;
- email or phone support if you have any questions;
- a National Trust race vest to wear on the big day (and keep afterwards).
We'll also be there on the day to cheer you on! After your race, you'll get a unique wooden medal as a thank you from us, as well as rewards from the Great North Run organisers.
So far in 2019...
- More than 200 fundraisers have run, walked or cycled for us
- They've covered around 3,577 miles on foot or wheels to support special places
- And raised a whopping £75k for coast, countryside, heritage and wildlife in our care
" The National Trust looks after some of the most beautiful countryside. I grew up visiting these places, which inspired my love of the outdoors. I ran for the Trust to play a small part in protecting these places so future generations can experience that same joy."
Want to run for the National Trust?
Email us to apply for one of our charity places. Already have a place and want to raise money for us? Email us for more information and a sponsorship form.