Spring Raffle 2018 terms and conditions
Our Spring Raffle 2018 terms and conditions.
The Spring Raffle 2018 is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (registered company no. 1083105 and registered office address Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission (licence no. 4746).
All profits from the Spring Raffle 2018 will be donated to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty (registered charity no. 205846).
The person responsible within the National Trust for the promotion of the Spring Raffle 2018 is Tim Butler of National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA.
1. Participation in the Spring Raffle 2018 costs £1 per raffle ticket.
2. The tickets may not be sold to, or by a person under 16 years of age or purchased by National Trust employees. If a ticket is sold unknowingly to a person under the age of 16 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize.
3. Payment for participation in the Spring Raffle can be made by cheque or credit/debit card. CAF or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for raffle tickets. Please do not send cash through the post.
4. Your raffle tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received.
5. National Trust accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled by you, your bank or credit/debit card provider.
6. Tickets must be completed and sent directly with the payment slip/entry form and payment to: Freepost RLTB-GEAJ-GJSA, National Trust Spring Raffle 2018, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG. If you are purchasing tickets for yourself you do not need to fill in your details on the stubs as your payment slip/entry form contains a unique barcode linked to your reference number as well as your name and address.
7. No responsibility is taken for raffle tickets and payment lost, delayed, or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. The closing date for the receipt of raffle tickets and raffle ticket payment for the Spring Raffle 2018 is 27 April 2018.
9. Tickets received after the closing date may not be entered into the draw but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated as otherwise by the sender.
10. The draw for the Spring Raffle 2018 will take place on 04 May 2018.
11. The Spring Raffle 2018 draw will take place at: The Woods Group Limited, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6NG.
12. Fourteen winning tickets will be drawn randomly for the Spring Raffle 2018.
• The first ticket number drawn will win: £10,000 cash
• The second ticket number drawn will receive £1,000 cash
• The third ticket number drawn will receive £500 cash
• The fourth ticket number drawn will receive a £250 National Trust Gift Card.
In addition to the four main prizes there will be a £25 National Trust Gift Card for 10 lucky runners-up (being the next 10 ticket numbers drawn). National Trust gift cards can be used in National Trust shops, Tearooms and Restaurants and for Admission to National Trust Properties. Please visit our website for more information on using National Trust gift cards.
13. All tickets will be drawn randomly.
14. The prizes are non-transferable and no alternatives will be provided.
15. The result of the Spring Raffle 2018 draw are final.
16. The winner of the first prize will be notified by telephone when possible. All other winners will be notified in writing.
17. The first prize of £10,000 cash will be sent out by cheque within 28 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered buyers of the winning raffle ticket.
18. All winners will be notified in writing. A complete list of winners from both draws will be available from 11 May 2018 by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895, or by visiting our website.
19. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to: gamblingcommission.gov.uk. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.
1. Should you have a complaint, please contact The Donor Development Executive, National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon SN2 2NA. A copy of our raffles complaints procedure is available here.
2. If for any reason you are not satisfied with how the National Trust has resolved your complaint, you may decide that the matter be referred for adjudication by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS can be contacted as below:
3. Alternatively, you may use the ‘Online Dispute Resolution’ platform - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ if a complaint is not resolved.