Text to donate terms and conditions
You can now text to donate to the National Trust and support our important conservation work. Please read the terms and conditions below.
Customer queries and complaints
If you have any questions about your donation that can’t be answered in the terms and conditions below or you want to make a complaint, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us on 01793 818569.
How to donate
1. You can make a donation to the National Trust by texting the keyword TRUST to:
- 70525 to donate £5
2. 100 per cent of your donation goes to the National Trust (registered charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (205846)) in support of nature, beauty and history, for everyone, for ever. For each text message sent, you will be charged £5, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number.
3. You should receive a confirmation text immediately (if in an area with signal). If you don't, this may indicate that you haven't got enough phone credit to make the donation, or you've reached a spending limit on your contract. If within 3 days you add credit or if the spending limit is lifted, the donation amount will be deducted automatically. You will receive a confirmation text if your donation has been successful. If after 3 days you still do not have enough credit or a spending limit is in place, the donation will not be processed.
4. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
Who can donate?
5. You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
6. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
7. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
8. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
9. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit (midnight to midnight) of £40 on text donations to each short code from the same mobile number. Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (so you will not be donating these additional amounts to the National Trust), but you may still incur your standard network message charge. If you would like to contribute more to the National Trust you can donate online using our online form.
Incorrect keywords and shortcodes
10. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to the National Trust may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive either (a) an error message, in which case you will not make a donation, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge, or (b) a confirmation message that your donation has been successful, in which case you will be charged the relevant donation amount plus your standard network message charge as set out above.
11. If you send your text message to an incorrect shortcode, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these terms and conditions, you will not make a donation to the National Trust but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
12. The National Trust, Fonix and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
13. This SMS service may not be supported by all Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO). If a specific MVNO does not support the service, then following an attempt to donate via text message, no donation will be made, nor error message received.
14. This SMS service is being provided for the National Trust by Fonix Mobile Limited PLC, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ.