Wasdale Campsite camping pods
Stay in one of our cosy pods and benefit from a few simple indoor comforts whilst staying in the great outdoors.
We have two types of pods - Regular Pods and Plus Pods, all of which now contain mattresses.
- are built locally, from wood
- provide an attractive, dry and spacious camping area
- have a window and are double-glazed
- have lockable French doors
- are designed to cut down the noise made by heavy rain and offer a degree of sound insulation
- have sheep wool insulation inside the walls for winter warmth
- have a special foil layer under the roof to keep summer temperatures down
Our regular pods come in two sizes - Standard and Family:
- Standard pods can accommodate a maximum of two adults and one child.
- Family pods are suitable for up to two adults and three children.
Heating and lighting
Currently heating and lighting is provided in the pods at Wasdale and Great Langdale, but NOT in the pods at Low Wray.
What you need to bring
Think of a pod as a replacement for your tent. You'll need to bring everything you would bring if you were camping in your tent, except for your tent of course and mattress i.e. sleeping bag, sleep mat (if you'd rather put that on top of the mattress), pots and pans, stove, camping chairs, etc.
This year we've introduced some superior pods at Wasdale.
The new 'Plus Pods' are the same size as the family pod but are fitted out to provide extra comfort:
- The front section has 2 single beds with mattresses which are designed to be used as seating during the daytime.
- The back section has mattresses for another two people which can be folded up to provide two further seats.
- The pods are supplied with electrical under floor heating as standard and have a 'sub-zero' insulation pack.
- There is plenty of storage room under the two single beds and hooks for hanging rucksacks, etc.
They are suitable for 2 adults and 2 children or a maximum of 3 adults.
What you need to bring
If you opt for a Plus Pod then you don't need to bring your sleep mat as they have mattresses (unless you prefer to bring it and place it on top). You won't need your camping chairs for inside use but might like to bring them for outdoor use. Apart from that, make sure you bring all your other standard camping equipment i.e. sleeping bag, pots and pans, stove, etc.