What we're doing to use and promote the Welsh language
The National Trust is about people and places, and in Wales the Welsh language is an intrinsic element of both.
The Bilingual Capability Project has been created to help the National Trust in Wales deliver its work more effectively by enabling more people to use Welsh when communicating with us, and when learning about our work or helping us manage our special places.
Three year project
- Developing extensive Welsh-language content for all Wales properties and all-Wales pages on the new National Trust website, which is currently under development.
- Improving the presentation of information at all our properties in Wales, following best practice in bilingual design and ensuring the Welsh language content is lively, easy to understand and locally distinctive.
- Enabling new and existing members to use the Welsh language when joining and communicating with the National Trust in Wales and ensuring we produce high quality bilingual material for everyone who wants to learn more about our work in Wales.
- Ensuring the Welsh language is taken into account at the earliest stages when planning new projects and activities in Wales.
- Developing the ability and confidence of our staff and volunteers to communicate bilingually with our members, our visitors, our neighbours, our partners and the public.