Winter Raffle 2019 terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for our Winter Raffle 2019.
The Winter Raffle 2019 is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (registered company no. 1083105 and registered office address Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission (licence no. 4746).
All profits from the Winter Raffle 2019 will be donated to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty (registered charity no. 205846).
The person responsible within the National Trust for the promotion of the Winter Raffle 2019 is Sharon Pickford of National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA.
The information set out below is a summary of our key terms for information purposes only. This does not replace the full terms and conditions set out below. In the event of any conflict between this summary and the full terms and conditions, the full terms and conditions will apply.
(A) You must be 16 years of age or older and meet the other eligibility and verification criteria to purchase a Raffle Ticket or receive a Prize. See Clauses 1, 8 and 45.
(B) Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
(C) Applications for Raffle Tickets received after 23:59 on 10 January 2020 will not be entered into the Winter Raffle 2019 and the payment for such Raffle Tickets will be treated as a donation to the National Trust unless you expressly state otherwise on your application for such Raffle Ticket(s). Raffle Tickets purchased in person at a Point of Sale must be purchased before 2 January 2020 to be entered into the Winter Raffle 2019. See Clauses 27-29.
(D) Entries for the Bonus Gold Coin Draw received after 23:59 on 10 January 2020 will not be entered into the Winter Raffle 2019.
(E) The Prizes for the Draw are: £10,000 cash (1st Prize), £1,000 cash (2nd Prize), £500 cash (3rd Prize), £250 National Trust Gift Card (4th Prize) 10 x £25 National Trust Gift cards (5th Prizes). The Prizes for the Gold Coin Bonus Draw are 5 X £1000 cash (Gold Coin Prizes). See Clauses 34-39.
(F) Any complaints or disputes will be first handled by customer care team with a right to appeal to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service. See Clauses 59-61.
- ‘Winter Raffle 2019' means the lotteries, which consist of the Main Draw and Gold Coin Bonus Draw that are operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited and managed in part by Woods Group Limited as an external lottery manager.
- 'Closing Date' means 23:59 on 10 January 2020 for entries by post and telephone and 23:59 on 2 January 2020 for entries made in person at a Point of Sale.
- 'Draw' means the draw for the Prizes described at Clauses 34-39.
- ‘Gold Coin’ means the gold coin included in some raffle packs for entry by post only.
- ‘Gold Coin Holder’ means the gold coin holder who has returned their gold coin by post with the raffle pack.
- 'National Trust' means The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited.
- 'Prize' means any of the prizes as set out at Clauses 34-39.
- 'Point of Sale' means the point of sale for Raffle Tickets purchased in person, whether at a National Trust property or NT event by a National Trust staff member or volunteer.
- 'Raffle Ticket' means a ticket purchased for the Winter Raffle 2019, whether by post, via telephone or purchased in person at a Point of Sale.
- 'Ticket Holder' means a person who holds a Raffle Ticket in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible to purchase a Raffle Ticket or to return a Gold Coin, a person must:
a) be 16 years of age or over;
b) located in Great Britain;
c) not be an employee of the National Trust, or Woods Group Limited; and
d) comply with these terms and conditions.
2. A Raffle Ticket will be entered into the Winter Raffle 2019 if:
a) an application for such Raffle Ticket is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date; and
b) payment for such application is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date.
3. A Gold Coin will be entered into the Gold Coin Bonus Draw if the Gold Coin is returned by post with the raffle pack before the Closing Date.
4. Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
5. National Trust may, at its sole discretion, refuse to sell a Raffle Ticket to any person without giving reasons.
6. A Raffle Ticket may not be transferred from a person listed as the owner of the respective Raffle Ticket on the National Trust’s records to another person.
8. By purchasing a Raffle Ticket or entering the Gold Coin Bonus Draw you confirm that you are 16 years or older at the date when you purchased the Raffle Ticket or entered the Gold Coin Bonus Draw. If the National Trust determines that a Ticket Holder or Gold Coin Holder is under the age of 16 at the date the Raffle Ticket was purchased or the Gold Coin returned, the Ticket Holder shall not be entitled to any Prize and National Trust will return to the Ticket Holder the amount paid by them the Raffle Ticket(s).
9. National Trust reserves the right to verify the age of any person seeking to purchase a Raffle Ticket or a Ticket Holder, at any time (including after a Raffle Ticket has been purchased), by requesting such proof of age as National Trust may require.
10. By purchasing, or attempting to purchase, a Raffle Ticket, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11. Payment for Raffle Tickets sold at a Point of Sale can be made in person only. For Raffle Tickets not sold at a Point of Sale payment can be made by post or by telephone.
12. Payment in person: payment can be made by cash. Credit/debit card payments may be accepted at certain Points of Sale and may be subject to a minimum payment. Cheques, Charities Aid Foundation or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for Raffle Tickets.
13. Payment by post: payment for a Raffle Ticket can be made by cheque or credit/debit card. Charities Aid Foundation vouchers or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for Raffle Tickets. Please do not send cash.
14. Payment by phone: payment for a Raffle Ticket can be made by credit/debit card.
15. National Trust accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled by you, your bank or credit/debit card provider.
16. A person may not purchase more than £100 of Raffle Tickets unless approved by the National Trust upon special request. For approval email email@example.com.
17. For postal entries, Raffle Ticket stubs must be completed and Gold Coin (if applicable) sent directly with the payment slip/entry form and payment to: Freepost RLTB-GEAJ-GJSA, National Trust Winter Raffle 2019, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.
18. If you are purchasing a Raffle Ticket(s) for yourself you do not need to fill in your details on the Raffle Ticket stub(s) as your payment slip/entry form contains a unique barcode linked to your reference number as well as your name and address.
19. If you are purchasing Raffle Ticket(s) for another person by post you need to include that person’s details on the Raffle Ticket stub(s) when you return them.
20. No responsibility is taken for any Raffle Ticket, Gold Coin or payment which is lost, delayed, or damaged in the post. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
21. Telephone entries are valid once the payment has been processed. If payment is successful you will receive numbers for your Raffle Tickets by post.
22. Entry for the Gold Coin Bonus Draw is not available for telephone entries.
In Person Entries
23. Raffle Tickets may be purchased in person from a Point of Sale.
24. Raffle Ticket stubs must be completed with the holder’s contact details and must be returned with payment to a National Trust representative at the relevant Point of Sale.
25. The Closing Date for the Winter Raffle 2019 purchased in person from a Point of Sale is 23:59 on 2 January 2020.
26. Entry for the Gold Coin Bonus Draw is not available for in person entries.
27. The Closing Date for the Winter Raffle 2019 and the Gold Coin Bonus Draw purchased by post or telephone is 23:59 on 10 January 2020.
28. The Closing Date for the Winter Raffle 2019 purchased in person from a Point of Sale is 23:59 on 2 January 2020.
29. Applications for Raffle Tickets or entries to the Gold Coin Bonus Draw received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Winter Raffle 2019 or Gold Coin Bonus Draw as applicable.
30. Any payment for Raffle Tickets received after the Closing Date will be treated as a donation to the National Trust unless you expressly state otherwise on your application for such Raffle Ticket(s), for example by writing on the Raffle Tickets you send to the National Trust. If payment is received after the Closing Date, Raffle Tickets will not be purchased/ entered into the Winter Raffle 2019.
31. The Draw and Gold Coin Bonus Draw will take place on 17 January 2020 at: The Woods Group Limited, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6NG.
32. Raffle Tickets and entries to the Gold Coin Bonus Draw will be drawn randomly.
33. The result for both the Draw and Gold Coin Bonus Draw is final.
34. The Ticket Holder of the first Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £10,000 cash.
35. The Ticket Holder of the second Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £1,000 cash.
36. The Ticket Holder of the third Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £500 cash.
37. The Ticket Holder of the fourth Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £250 National Trust Gift Card.
38. The Ticket Holders of the subsequent ten Raffle Tickets drawn will each receive a £25 National Trust Gift Card. National Trust Gift Cards can be redeemed at National Trust shops, tearooms and restaurants. They can also be used as payment or part-payment for admission to any National Trust property open for a fee. Full National Trust Gift Card terms and conditions are available here.
39.The Gold Coin Holders of the first five Gold Coins drawn will each receive £1000 cash.
40. The Prize described above at 34 shall be referred to as the 'First Prize'.
Payment of Prizes
41. The person who wins the First Prize will be notified by telephone where possible. All other winners of Prizes will be notified in writing.
42. All Prizes are non-transferable and no alternatives will be provided.
43. A complete list of winners of Prizes will be available from 24 January 2020 by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895, or by visiting our website.
44. National Trust reserves the right to request proof of identity from any person who claims a Prize.
45. A person shall not be eligible to receive a Prize if they do not satisfy the criteria at Clause 1a)-(c).
46. National Trust reserves the right to withhold or refuse payment of any Prize if National Trust has reasonable grounds to believe that these terms and conditions have been breached in any way.
47. If a Prize is transferred to a person who is not eligible to receive the Prize, the Prize shall be repayable or returned (as applicable) by that person to National Trust on demand.
48. By entering the Winter Raffle 2019 and Gold Coin Bonus Draw, if you win a Prize you agree to the National Trust using your first name and home county on the National Trust website and otherwise to promote the raffles operated by the National Trust.
49. All Prizes must be claimed no later than 180 days from the date of the Draw.
50. Any Prizes which remain unclaimed after 180 days from the date of the Draw shall be forfeited and donated to the National Trust.
51. The National Trust provides the right to self-exclude.
52. You may request to be excluded from all raffles operated by the National Trust.
53. If you wish to self-exclude, you can:
a) follow the self-exclusion procedure in the Raffles section of the Website; or
b) contact our customer support team on the following phone number 0344 800 1895 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
54. If you elect to self-exclude, you may not purchase National Trust Raffle Tickets for the period of self-exclusion and will not be sent any related marketing.
55. At the end of the self-exclusion period, you may request to purchase further Raffle Tickets (and receive marketing materials) by contacting our customer support team on 0344 800 1895.
Limitation of Liability
56. Subject to Clause 58, the liability of National Trust to any Ticket Holder or Gold Coin Holder shall be limited to the amount of any Prize(s) which is due to that Ticket Holder or Gold Coin Holder.
57. Subject to Clause 58, National Trust shall not be liable:
a) to any person for the National Trust’s inability to contact you and/or award any Prize due to any errors or omissions in the details you provide or your failure to update these details if they change;
b) for any interest of whatever nature claimed by person in a lost or stolen Raffle Ticket or Gold Coin;
c) any matter beyond the National Trust’s reasonable control.
58. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of National Trust for:
a) death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
59. Should you have a complaint, please contact: The Individual Giving Co-ordinator, National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon SN2 2NA. A copy of our raffles complaints procedure is available here.
60. If for any reason you are not satisfied with how the National Trust has resolved your complaint, you may decide that the matter be referred for adjudication by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”). IBAS can be contacted as below:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7347 5883
Adjudication Form: https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/claim-wizard/
61. Alternatively, you may use the ‘Online Dispute Resolution’ platform (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/) if a complaint is not resolved.
62. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to: gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
63. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.
64. These terms and conditions are governed the laws of England.
65. Subject to your right to use an alternative dispute resolution provider as set out at Clause 60, each party agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.