Volunteer Vacancies at Flatford
Life is one long adventure and we'd love to join in with your next one. Whether you want to put years of skills and experience towards our cause or just want to try something brand new. We'll have a role to suite you. Our team is full of inspiring people from all walks of life who get a real buzz from working and learning together.
Whether you want to put years of skills and experience towards our cause or just want to try something brand new. We'll have a role to suite you. Our team is full of inspiring people from all walks of life who get a real buzz from working and learning together.
" Volunteering at Flatford has given me fun, fresh air, fitness and friendship"
Please note; volunteer recruitment has been suspended for the time being.
Grounds Maintenance Volunteer -
- The ability to undertake manual work in all weathers
- Willingness to talk with visitors who may be interested in what you are doing
- Team working
- Safe use of garden tools and other machinery/equipment including a leaf blower, a lawn mower and the ‘Tramper’.
- Lots of enthusiasm
- Reporting to the Duty Manager any identified damage to our properties and/or Estate that needs specialist attention or repair.
- Undertaking such other appropriate assistance in relation to role as may be reasonably requested by the Duty Manager.
- Working in compliance with the Trust's Health and Safety Policy at all times.
Role Profile: Grounds Maintenance Volunteer
Tea Room Host - Are you interested in
We may ask you to:
- Chat to customers as they queue, perhaps offering tasting samples or recipe cards and helping them with their queries about the property and locality
- Assist Tea Room staff with service of food and drink
- Help clear rubbish and keep the Tea Room clean and tidy
- Bring fresh vegetables and herbs from the kitchen garden for the kitchen staff to use, perhaps chatting to our visitors about possible uses for garden produce
- Refresh the small floral displays on the tearoom tables
Role Profile: Tea Room Host
Retail Volunteer -
- Providing a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors in your role as a member of the retail team, the Flatford team and the National Trust as a charity
- Helping to run the shop along with the staff team. Activities will include: serving customers, using the till, cash handling, maintaining and re-stocking the shop displays, pricing items as necessary, maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the shop, assisting visitors with enquiries and purchases, promoting the benefits to visitors of purchasing a guide book and any other related duties.
Role Profile: Retail Volunteer
Car Park and Golf Buggy Volunteer - This role comprises two jobs which we have decided to combine into one to provide postholders with as much variety as possible. For both roles you will be based in our Car Park Welcome Building. - With over 150,000 people a year, the site around bridge Cottage get a lot of wear and tear. Hence, we need maintenance volunteers who are willing to come in and undertake DIY and associated tasks, such as sweeping the yard, mowing the grass and cleaning the windows etc.
Does this interest you?
Role Profile: Car Park and Golf Buggy Volunteer