Orienteering in Dorset
Explore the National Trust’s coast and countryside places in North & West Dorset and get active outdoors with our orienteering trails.
Download the maps and anwer sheet
- Download the Wildflower Trail (PDF / 0.8MB)
- Download the Score Course (PDF / 0.9MB)
- Downlaod the answer sheet
Understanding the maps
Courses are reversible and can be shortened, as you'll see from the maps. The start and finish, shown by a red triangle, is outside the National Trust Shop. Controls are shown by red circles. Red lines show the shortest route between controls, but finding a good route is your task.
- If you get lost, head north (uphill) to the road.
- Dense vegetation (dark green) is a variable mixture of gorse, bramble, thorn and bracken.
- Rough open areas are generally crossable though some parts are covered by heavy bracken in summer.
- Keep clear of the cliff edges