Visiting Great Chalfield: What you need to know
Great Chalfield Manor's garden and Great Hall are open for visits in line with government guidance. Here's what to expect, how to book your visit to the Great Hall (you don't need to book if visiting the gardens only) and how to cancel.
What your visit will look like
To keep everyone safe, your visit may be slightly different than what you're used to:
- The garden and Great Hall are open.
- Please book your tickets to visit the manor (Great Hall only) in advance. Members can book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.
- You don't need to book to visit the gardens.
- You don't need to book a parking space.
- Assistance dogs only are welcome in the garden.
- The Great Hall is open for timed, guided tours only. Visits to the Hall are limited to ensure social distancing and entry is not guaranteed on the day you visit.
- Face coverings are recommended in enclosed and crowded areas.
- Entry to the Hall is via two steps. A moveable ramp is available; it is very helpful if visitors request this before their visit (call 01225 782239).
- Toilets, including accessible toilets, are open.
To help keep everyone safe, look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
How to book
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors from the local community remains our priority and we urge you to book your visits in advance. Every Friday we release new bookings for visits the following week.
- Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Bookings are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.