The gardens at Greys Court
The gardens at Greys Court were virtually derelict when the Brunner family arrived in 1937. Lady Brunner in particular was keen to make a haven of tranquillity, which she wished to share with visitors. Why not come and be inspired by this garden, or take some quiet time to reflect?
The kitchen garden has its roots in the Second World War Dig for Victory campaign. It's just as productive today thanks to the work of our gardening team and army of volunteers.
Planted in the 1890s by the Stapletons, the gnarled, twisted wisteria is an early summer spectacle and a highlight for many visitors.
The rose garden traces the history of the rose from the early damask varieties to the modern hybrid perennials. Enjoy an almost overwhelming fragrance as you stroll along the meandering paths.
In spring, the gardens come to life with sweet-scented blossom blooming on the trees, a joyful sight.
" Alleys of blossom and scent..."
The maze has re-opened and is operating as a silent space between 10 and 11.30am on Sunday mornings.