Volunteer at The Hardmans' House
Our volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks that bring the Hardmans' story to a wider audience and help conserve the Hardmans' business and home for future generations.
Whether you're crafty, interested in how we care for our house, or whether you're passionate about local Liverpool history, find out how you can get involved.
Our Room Guides dedicate one day per week to leading our visitors around the house, providing greater insight into the expansion and workings of the Burrell & Hardman photographic studio, as well as discussing the fascinating lives of Margaret and Edward Hardman - their love story, professional lives and possessions.
Join our conservation team this year as they continue their essential work.
- Cataloguing, condition checking and photographing our plastic and chemical collection
- Continuing to photograph our c.15,000 objects for our inventory database
- Waxing our wooden floors and furniture
- Valuable research
Get in touch
For information on all our current voluntary positions and to receive an application form, please email us or call 0151 709 6107.
What our volunteers have been up to
- Reading and transcribing Edward Hardman's honeymoon diary
- Uncovering new research and family links to some rather important people
- Helping to care for our collection of over 15,000 items
- Creating replica diaries and manuscripts for use in our current exhibitions
- Inventory checking Margaret Hardman's collection of clothes