A very merry Hardy Christmas
Christmas is a particularly magical time to visit Hardy's homes in Dorset. Whether it’s for a wintry walk through Thorncombe Woods, or crafts in front of a roaring open fire, experience the tastes, sights and sounds of a traditional Christmas here in Hardy Country.
Throughout December be transported back into a traditional Victorian Christmas at Max Gate and Hardy’s Cottage.
There’ll be opportunities to experience:
- Delicious yuletide treats cooked in the Max Gate kitchen
- Christmas craft activities and traditional Victorian decorations
- Musical performances, stories, carols and mummers plays on selected dates (see events listings for details)
- Readings of some of Hardy’s winter poetry at Max Gate and Hardy's Cottage on selected dates (for full details, see link to events listings below)
- Enchanting walks through the woods at Hardy’s Cottage. Book onto a Winter Woodland Poetry Walk with one of our knowledgeable guides. Available to book by appointment on 01305 262366 (no charge but donations welcomed!)
So, come along and experience a Christmas with the Hardys. For full Christmas events listings follow links below: