Hardy's Cottage timed ticket entry on Mondays
*Please note: timed tickets are not in use until further notice. Mondays are so busy at this little cottage that we've had to introduce a timed ticket system for all admissions, obtainable only in advance. Here is the information you need if you're visiting on a Monday in 2017.
How it works
Both members and non-members must have a timed ticket to enter the house (there is no charge for the ticket for members). The timed tickets for Mondays become available to book seven days in advance of the visit day, and booking closes at 5pm on the Sunday (the day before the visit day.) Entry to the house is in 15 minute time slots and you can enter anytime within your designated time. All visitors must go to the Visitor Centre first to check in and exchange their timed tickets for cottage entry tokens.
How to book
There are several options for booking your tickets:
- You can pre-book your house visit online. You'll be forwarded to our Events page. Please search for the Admissions ticket box and follow the on-screen booking procedure.
- You can phone our central booking office to pre-book tickets on 0844 249 1895.
When you arrive
On arrival please exchange your pre-booked ticket for a cottage entry ticket, available from the Hardy’s Birthplace Visitor Centre.
- Please allow a 15 minute walk from the Visitor Centre to Hardy’s Cottage.
- Last admission to the cottage is 4.15pm.
- Tickets to the cottage do not include the charge for the car park, which is owned by Dorset County Council. National Trust members can park for free in this car park by displaying a valid NT car parking sticker.