Trampers at Hardy's Birthplace
Hardy's Birthplace has two trampers (all terrain scooters) for hire, provided through the Countryside Mobility scheme, to make the cottage, woodland and heathland more accessible for all.
- The two trampers are available from Hardy's Birthplace Visitor Centre (01305 224620) for two 2 1/2 hour slots daily. These can be booked in advance by phone or on arrival.
- Slots are 10.15am-12.45pm and 1.15-3.45pm.
- There is no charge per use, but users must be members of Countryside Mobility. Membership can be bought on the day (£2.50 for a Taster Fortnight membership, or £10.00 for Annual membership).
- On your first hire session, please allow 15 minutes at the start of your timeslot for signing up membership and a familiarisation check.
- Details of other tramper sites in the South West, available through Countryside Mobility, can be found here.