East Rosetta CottageCowes, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Preferred changeover day Saturday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001004
About East Rosetta CottageOn the seafront at Cowes, this beautiful 19th century house is full of original features.
Lounge over afternoon tea and watch the ships go by from the garden of this Victorian seafront house. You could even get the whole family together for a beach holiday as it adjoins five-bedroom, Rosetta Cottage. Inside, it has all the charm of a 19th-century house with wooden floors, traditional fireplaces and a roll-top bath.
Walk to the nearby town and marina which comes to life in the summer with sailing boats bobbing on the waters. Or venture further along the island to Newton Nature Reserve – a quiet backwater with a busy Medieval past, now bursting with wildlife.
By staying in East Rosetta Cottage, you’ll be helping to conserve one third of the Isle of Wight’s coastline that the National Trust look after with your support.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner not available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView accessibility guide (PDF 1368 KB)
Lobby entrance into dining room, kitchen and sitting room.
Steep stairs leading to three bedrooms (1 double with 5' bed and 2 twins) shower room with electric shower and lavatory, bathroom with electric shower over bath and separate lavatory.
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
Access is by the front gate to Rosetta and around the side of the property to a separate entrance.
The stairs are steep so can be difficult for older visitors, the infirm or for young children.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Parking: Space is available for one car on the garage hardstanding.
Garden: There is a shared, enclosed garden with a lawn to the side. The garden is raised to the rear of the cottage.
*WiFi: This is now available, but please note that intermittent connection problems can sometimes occur and should not be relied upon. We are pleased to provide free WiFi at this cottage which is supported by BT.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Similar places to stay
A picture-perfect thatch cottage with modern rustic interiors, close to Poole Harbour.
Sitting on Brownsea Island, with stunning sea views and the chance to spot a red squirrel or two.