The Old Club HouseSt. Helens, Isle Of Wight
- Sleeps 5
- Bedrooms 3
- Preferred changeover day Wednesday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001007
About The Old Club HouseThis former clubhouse is now a quirky holiday cottage with a verandah great for wildlife watching.
The Old Club House was once the clubhouse for the Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club. Opened in 1882, the club was a popular haunt for celebrities and Royals. Now a holiday cottage, the Old Club House has been adapted for accompanied disabled visitors.
Sit outside on the verandah and enjoy views across the duver or take a short walk to the local beach for a spot of rock pooling. For lunch, why not head to the village of St Helens, stop in the cosy pub for a bite to eat before exploring further afield.
A short drive away, Bembridge Fort is a fascinating place to visit. The Victorian fort is in the process of being restored, but tour guides can be booked to show you around this historic building.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* not available
- Open fire / wood burner not available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Some wheelchair accessView Access statement (PDF 219 KB)
Sitting/dining room, kitchen and three bedrooms (one double with bathroom off it, one twin with accessible shower room and one single).
Notes for guests
Access: This access statement is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see those images in the main website page.
Heating: Night storage heating and electric fire included.
Parking: There is space for two cars on the hardcore immediately to the rear of the cottage.
Garden: An enclosed garden surrounds the cottage with a picnic table and a veranda.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Please note: Each bathroom is accessed through a bedroom.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde