Dogs at Hughenden
We love dogs, almost everywhere, so you can enjoy the formal gardens of Hughenden together, drop by for a snack in our Café Stableyard or take on one of the estate walks.
Where can I take my dog?
You can walk around the Manor’s four gardens, picnic in the orchard, enjoy the parkland and visit the Stableyard Café. The only place we can’t allow dogs is inside; in the Manor house or our two Cafes.
We have four waymarked walks at Hughenden, ranging from a 1 mile stroll to a 4 mile hike, through the beautiful beech woodlands that surround the estate. Visit the Welcome Kiosk when you arrive and pick up our walks map, and we have doggy treats there too!
As a charity, we rely on donations and entry fees to care for the Hughenden manor, estate and countryside so please do make sure you purchase a ticket or scan your National Trust membership card when you arrive.
Hughenden welcomes thousands of visitors with their dogs each year and to ensure everyone can enjoy the estate, we ask that you follow our guidelines.
- Please keep dogs on a short lead at all times.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended at any time during your visit to Hughenden.
- Whilst dogs are not allowed inside our Manor or the two main Cafes (excluding assistant dogs) they are very welcome in the stableyard area and in the Grab & Go coffee outlet. Water bowls are provided here and at the Visitor Welcome Kiosk.
- We do not have the resources to dispose of dog poo so please pick up after your dog and take your waste away with you.
- Not everyone is comfortable with dogs so please keep them under control, particularly where small children are playing.
- Dogs are welcome to be off lead around the woodland and parkland, please return them to a lead when walking in areas with cattle and sheep.
- Please do not allow your dog to chase wildlife and pay close attention when your dog is on an extendable lead.
- Our car park has no shade so please do not leave your dog in the car, even with a window down.