Shopping at Hughenden
The Stableyard shop is open from 10.30am-5pm every day. Whether you're buying for yourself, a loved one or your wildlife neighbours, your support enables us to care for nature, beauty and history, for ever.
Gifts for them, treats for you
With gifts for gardeners and cooking connoisseurs, natural cleaning products for the home and pocket money toys for children, find the perfect gift for that special someone, or a well-deserved treat for yourself.
Our Riverlands collection is inspired by the flora and foliage lining the streams at Nymans in West Sussex. Crafted especially for the National Trust, fill your home with the scent of Orange Blossom with fragranced reed diffusers and candles.
Pick up a memento of your visit from the Hughenden collectables range. There are magnets and notebooks, pin badges and bags celebrating Queen Victoria’s favourite Prime Minister and the house he loved, along with special items linked to the Manor's secret Second World War mapping operation.
We have a dedicated local range featuring some of the region's best artisan producers, from chocolates and candles to balms and bath salts.
- Designer Angela’s small family business Posh Pebbles specialises in one off pieces of gemstone jewellery, handmade in Buckinghamshire.
- Based in the Chiltern Hills, Trish at Chilterns Candle Co has designed a range of luxurious natural wax scented candles, inspired by the stunning countryside around her.
When you shop local you can support small businesses in Buckinghamshire and pick up unique, handcrafted items.
Our second-hand bookshop, in the west wing of the manor, is a great place to pick up a new read. You’ll find a variety of titles, from gardening and cooking to history and travel.
Keeping everyone safe
As Covid restrictions lift we are removing many of the restrictions that were in place at Hughenden, including the need to pre-book your visit and the one-way route around the gardens.
Safety remains our priority for our staff, volunteers and visitors, and so the following measures will be in place for the time being in the shop and bookshop:
- Hand sanitiser is available for everyone to use
- Visitors are recommended to wear a face covering inside
- Protective screens are at the till point
- For the second-hand bookshop an honesty box is available for cash donations or you can pay by card in the stableyard shop.
We look forward to welcoming you, thank you for helping us to make this a safe experience for everyone.