History of Long Crendon Courthouse
Part of parish life for over 400 years, Long Crendon Courthouse has seen and heard many disputes and grievances in its time and was even used to house the local poor at one time.
- In the 18th century, the building was used to house village paupers
- Later in the 19th century, the building was used as a Sunday School
- In the 1890s the building had fallen into decay
- We bought the building in 1900 thanks to the campaign of the vicar
- The building was repaired in 1901 by the Wilson family builders