Visiting Monk's House: what you need to know
The house and garden are now open again and we are very pleased to be able to welcome you back to Monk's House. Here's some helpful information about what to expect and what is on offer when you visit. Things may seem a little different, however all measures have been put in place to keep our staff, volunteers and visitors safe.
Pre booking is required to visit our house and garden in 2021. Click on the bottom of this page for more information and to book.
House and garden opening times
The house and garden are open every Friday and Saturday (until 30 October) from 12.30pm-5pm with entry times available for booking every half hour. The last entry time available for booking as at 4pm and the house closes at 4.30pm.
How to book
To avoid disappointment, please continue to book a ticket in advance. Tickets are released every Thursday for the following 2 weeks. Entry is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance by pre booking a ticket.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket. Our slots are half-hourly, so you will need to choose a 30 minute slot for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
- Every Thursday we'll release new bookings for visits the following 2 weeks.
Arrival and car parking
When arriving at the front gate please have your pre booked ticket ready to show our welcome team. This can be on your phone or tablet. If you are a member of the National Trust please have your membership card ready. Our welcome team will ask for your surname to easily log your visit into our booking system.
Our car park is located 100m further down The Street from the property and is signposted on the road. Please be aware the car park closes at 5pm.
There is currently no shop at Monk's House although you can purchase a guidebook at the property. Cards and cash payments are both welcome.
We are using a one-way system around the house. This is in place due to capacity and in order to avoid overcrowding. Visitors will move through rooms where a volunteer can provide information. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit
- We would encourage our visitors to continue to wear masks when in our buildings and in crowded areas.
- Scan the NHS Test & Trace QR codes on the entrance door if you are able.
- Give everyone plenty of space, including our staff and volunteers.
- Sanitise your hands when on site - dispensers can be found throughout the building.
- We cannot offer a first aid service to or visitors at this time.
We thank you for your support and understanding.
The garden is partly accessible, with grass and brick paths, slopes, some steps. Some visitors may require assistance from their companion. There are a number of steps to enter the garden. Level access to the garden can be provided via a side gate. Please request this at the gate. There are three brick steps with no handrail to enter the house. Rooms are small.
There is a small outdoor privy on site which can accomodate one person at a time.