Family fun at Mottistone Gardens
We've lots of ways to keep little ones entertained on a visit to Mottistone Gardens. In the sheltered valley, mini explorers can discover the wonders of nature and even our very own flowerpot people.
Hide and seek
'50 Things to do before you're 11¾'
Time to refuel
When tummies start to rumble, the tea garden makes a good pit stop. Here you’ll find freshly made sandwiches, soups, cakes and tasty treats which use produce from the organic kitchen garden where possible.
There are lots of great spots for picnics around the gardens – the grassy lawns of the orchard are a favourite, and toddlers can run around here too, or there are plenty of benches dotted high and low around the grounds.
Useful things for families to know
- There is a free car park located next to the gardens. From here there is a short, 2 minute walk to Visitor Reception along a gravel path and down a few steps.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the accessible toilet which is located in the entrance barn.
- In the tea gardens there is water to help-yourself to and child friendly glasses.
- Pushchairs are welcome but there are some gravel paths and steps.
- Highchairs are available in the tea garden.
- Dogs on leads are welcome throughout the gardens and there are water bowls for four-legged friends outside the shop and in the tea garden.