Whats going on?
Come celebrate 50 years of care at Murlough National Nature Reserve
It's our 50th Birthday and although we have looked after it, we couldn’t have done it without the people who love Murlough most.
We want you to join us for the celebrations as we take a step back and look how amazing Ireland's first Nature Reserve truly is.
All year long we want you to get on social media and share your favourite memories and pictures of Murlough. Use the hashtag whether it be Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and we will share our favourite pics. Use #Murloughis50
- We will have some very special news about Murlough, so mark a date in your diaries
- We will be sharing content online of the arrival of the first cuckoo
- We have our Easter Nature trail - a family favourite
- We will have people who have worked with Murlough is the past sharing some of their memories and their favourite parts of the estate.
- We have our brand new event, Rubbish Art. We want you to come and join us on the beach to create some fantastic art.
- Butterfly Walks - There are over 740 species of butterfly and moths can be found including the rare Marsh fritillary butterfly. How many can you spot?
It’s the big one… We will be having a 50th Birthday celebration on the beach. Details on how you can get involved will be released soon.
Throughout the rest of 2017 we will be sharing more content about what makes Murlough incredibly special.