The orchard surrounds the walled garden on three sides and covers about two acres. According to the tithe map, an orchard has been here since at least 1841 and the apples were used for cider making. Round about 1999, 150 trees were planted - mainly old apple varieties, with a few damsons - alongside the six remaining apple and pear trees from the original orchard.
The rangers in action in the orchard.
The curly headed volunteers in the orchard have left for the winter.