Blueberry and thyme cheesecake traybake
A light sponge with fruit and a creamy topping.
- 200g/7oz margarine or butter
- 60g/2oz light soft brown sugar
- 130g/5oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250g/9oz gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ tsp gluten free baking powder
- 160g/6oz full fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla flavouring
- 60g/2oz caster sugar
- ½ lemon
- 100g/4oz blueberries
- 5g fresh thyme
- Make the sponge mixture: place the margarine, sugars, eggs, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and beat well, until light and fluffy.
- Make the cheesecake mixture: place the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla flavouring, caster sugar, as well as the juice and zest from the lemon, into another bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour the sponge mixture into 23x17cm brownie style tin and level the top.
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the top of the sponge mixture and spread out. Run a spatula through the mixture slightly to mix the two together.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme and scatter over the top of the cheesecake, along with the blueberries.
- Place the tin in the oven at 190°C (170°C fan, 375°F, gas mark 5) and bake for around 35–40 minutes, or until risen and golden. Remove, leave to cool and cut into pieces.