Beach cleans on Gower
On Gower, we’re passionate about cleaning our beaches, and this year, we’re setting ourselves the Big Beach Clean Challenge and we want you to join in and be a part of it.
We’ll be taking on a different beach on Gower every month, starting a Whiteford in February, working our way around the Gower coast until we get to Pwll Du in December. We’ll have all the litter picking equipment, all you need to do is join in on the day and give as much time as you can.
As we celebrate the Year of the Sea, we want to see how much litter we can clear off our beaches throughout the year. Especially as we’re regularly hearing on the news how marine pollution is a growing problem in the UK, we want to make sure that we can all play our part in clearing our beaches.
Spring Clean Cymru
We’ll also be taking part Spring Clean Cymru, part of the Great British Spring Clean with Keep Wales Tidy on Saturday 03 March at Rhossili. Another great campaign to highlight the plight of marine pollution in Britain and getting people involved in tackling the problem.
Big Beach Clean Challenge events
• Whiteford – Monday 12 February, 12pm
• Rhossili – Saturday 3 March, 10am (as part of Spring Clean Cymru)
• Llangennith – Monday 19 March, 12pm
• Rhossili – Monday 9 April, 12pm
• Ramsgrove – Monday 14 May, 12pm
• Overton / Port Eynon Point – Monday 11 June, 12pm
• Slade / Lucas Bay – Monday 9 July, 12pm
• Nicholaston – Monday 13 August, 12pm
• Tor Bay – Monday 10 September, 12pm
• Three Cliffs – Monday 8 October, 12pm
• Pennard Cliffs / Hunts Bay – 12 November, 12pm
• Pwll Du – Monday 10 December, 12pm