SOLD OUT: Big Camp at Runnymede
Pitch your tent in the birthplace of modern English democracy. This summer you can join us for an evening of family fun, camping in the same rolling landscape that saw King John seal the Magna Carta 800 years ago. Join us to watch the sun set over the Thames in picturesque Old Windsor for an experience your family will never forget.
Enjoy this historic landscape in a new light as darkness falls and the sun rises in the morning. Taking place on the weekend of Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 July 2016, you can join us from 3.30pm on Saturday and stay with us overnight until 10am on Sunday morning.
You'll get outside and closer to nature with this exciting traditional camping experience. Our Ranger Team have put together a whole programme of fun activities to keep the family entertained, and what camping trip would be complete without roasting marshmallows around the camp fire. We’ll also supply an evening meal as well as breakfast in the morning. Tickets are £30 for adults and £15 for children.
- You’ll be able to access the camping area on Saturday 16 July from 3.30pm to set up your pitch. We ask that all tents are packed up and that the camping area is vacated by 10am on Sunday 17 July.
- You should arrive at the Runnymede memorials car park, close to our tearoom, from 3:30pm onwards.
- Full details will be sent in advance of the event with a camper pack containing instructions and a kit list.
- Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag and roll mat.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather with warm clothes for the evening.
- Dogs on leads are welcome in the camping area.
- Children must be accompanied by adults at all times on site.
- Access to toilet facilities will be a short walk from the camping area, shower facilities will not be available.
- Our campsite has level ground with good accessibility. Campers are invited to take part in an evening walk which will include kissing gates and steps.
- The supper menus will be sent out nearer the time and you'll be able to advise us of dietary requirements at this stage.
- The only permitted fire will be our campfire.
- Please do not bring your own barbeques or gas fires.
- Caravans are not permitted on site.
Tips from our partner
You can book Big Camp tickets online or call our box office on 08442 491 895.