Big Camp at Runnymede
Summer is on its way, bringing with it long light evenings and plenty of opportunity for adventures. Come to Runnymede for Big Camp 2020, a unique chance to camp within this truly historic setting.
Enjoy this historic landscape in a new light as darkness falls and the sun rises in the morning. Taking place on the weekend of Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 August 2020, you can join us from 4pm on Saturday and stay with us overnight until 10am on Sunday morning.
You'll get outside and closer to nature with this exciting traditional camping experience. Get involved with an evening of special activities run by our wildlife expert Jonnie, exploring the great outdoors. And what camping trip would be complete without roasting marshmallows around the camp fire. Tickets are £30 for adults and £15 for children.
- You’ll be able to access the camping area on Saturday 8 August from 3.30pm to set up your pitch. We ask that all tents are packed up and that the camping area is vacated by 10am on Sunday 9 August
- You should arrive at the Runnymede memorials car park, close to our tearoom, from 3.30pm onwards.
- Full details will be sent in advance of the event with a camper pack containing instructions and a kit list.
- Please bring your own tent, sleeping bag and roll mat.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather with warm clothes for the evening.
- Dogs on leads are welcome in the camping area.
- Children must be accompanied by adults at all times on site.
- Access to toilet facilities will be a short walk from the camping area, shower facilities will not be available.
- Our campsite has level ground with good accessibility. Campers are invited to take part in an evening walk which will include kissing gates and steps.
- The only permitted fire will be our campfire.
- Please do not bring your own barbeques or gas fires.
- Caravans are not permitted on site.
Sharing your snaps
You can book Big Camp tickets online or call our box office on 08442 491 895.