Rock pooling at St Helen's Duver
At Nodes Point, the limestone ledges have some delightful little rock pools to explore.
What might you find in the St Helens' rock pools?
Flat top shells
Safe and responsible rock pooling
- Please wear footwear suitable for scrambling over slippery rocks – old trainers or wellies are ideal
- Some people like to use nets with long handles, but these aren’t really recommended because they can harm delicate animals
- Please put rocks and seaweed back carefully where you found them, and the same way up as before
- Try to avoid handling any creatures more than you need to for identification, and always return them back to their rock pool homes afterwards
- Avoid getting caught out by a rising tide
- Enjoy yourself and see what you can find