Bringing your dogs to Tredegar House
We've always loved dogs at Tredegar House - from Lord Tredegar's beloved Skye terrier Peeps to our four-legged members of the team today... and of course our loyal troupe of regular dog walkers!
Whether you're one of our lovely locals who brings their dogs to visit us everyday or you're coming to see us from much farther afield we're always here to welcome you and your four-legged friends. We're proud to fly the flag for dog friendly visits and we work hard to find different ways to welcome dogs throughout our site...
Where can my dog go?
Almost everywhere! In fact, the only place we can't welcome dogs is inside the house itself - our interiors and collection are too precious. Here's a break down of all the places you and your dogs can explore together:
- Parkland: Our parkland is a dog walking haven. With 90 acres to explore this is the best spot for letting them stretch their legs and chase a ball.
- Formal gardens: With your dog on its lead, head for a wander through the formal gardens. We've found the Cedar Garden lawns are a particular favourite for dogs who like to bask in the sun.
- Cafe: We have dog friendly tables in our tearooms and feel free to mooch around our shop with your dog on it's lead.
Help us stay dog friendly...
We love dogs but it's always good to remember that not everybody does. Please follow our canine code and help us stay dog friendly whilst considering all our visitors needs...
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it so that everyone can enjoy the grounds. We have dog waste bins dotted across the site for you to use.
- Paws for thought: keep an eye on your surroundings and use a lead so your pup doesn't disturb local wildlife.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by and be mindful of other visitors.
Professional dog walker?
We have recently started issuing our new compulsory dog walker permits. We have been planning this for some time and is a way for us to all work together consistently and safely. The permits do not have a fee for now but there are terms and conditions that need to be agreed and complied with.
If you currently walk dogs professionally at Tredegar House in the park, or plan to in the future, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.