Family fun at Uppark this spring
This article was about our spring activities in 2018. Go to our main page to find about what we're doing this year. Nestled in the heart of the South Downs, Uppark is a perfect place for families to enjoy a relaxing day out. We have great family trails inside and out as well as plenty of space to stretch your legs in the South Meadow.
There’s always something to get stuck into when you visit us. We’ve got a great spotter quiz in the house which will test your powers of observation, if you need a little help, our friendly house guides are on hand to give you some clues.
Don’t forget to visit us during the school holidays for our family fun trails. This year we’re looking at nature and learning fascinating facts about the world around us.
50 things to do before you're 11 3/4
Pick up one of our '50 things to do before you're 11 ¾' booklets this summer and see how many you can complete. Our South Meadow is perfect for families. Set yourselves up with a picnic and get exploring; you’ll be able to bird spot from there as well as finding the perfect kite-flying conditions.
Picnics at Uppark
You're welcome to bring your own food to enjoy as a picnic in the South Meadow and take in the views across the South Downs. We've got a chest of lawn games for you to borrow too so you can make the most of your day.
If you fancy something extra then why not pick up snacks, cakes and ice cream to go from the Café and take it out into the gardens to enjoy? We would suggest the wide glade behind the East Pavilion if you’re looking for some shade.
With a tempting selection of cakes and bakes, sandwiches and drinks in disposable cups, these are perfect to pick up and enjoy on the go or for a picnic with friends and family. Please do remember to pick up any litter once you've finished and take it home.
There are also some delightful treats in the shop and if you've not got a rug to relax then you can always purchase your own from the shop.
With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites. Both 1 and 2 adult family memberships available - just ask at reception.
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available here as well as the Golden Gate Kiosk.
- Highchairs available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.