February half-term at Uppark
As a little garden colour begins to break through the frosty landscape, now is the perfect time to gather up the family and enjoy some precious time together in the great outdoors. Grab your walking boots and your woolly hat and get out and about to explore the wonderful house and gardens at Uppark, as spring begins to work its magic.
Spring trail: Waking up from Winter, 15 February - 29 March, 10am - 4pm, £2 per trail sheet
From spring flowers blossoming to animals waking up after hibernation, nature is waking up all around the estate. This activity-led trail takes your family around Uppark's garden as little ones solve clues and find out what the plants, animals and even people at Uppark do during spring sunshine, snow and showers. The trail will take about 30 minuts to complete and has content to keep both tiny tots and older children interested.
Find more outdoor adventures
If you choose to explore inside the house, as well as the great ooutdoors, you’ll discover a magnificent dolls’ house, underground tunnels and the Servant’s Quarters which reveal more about life ‘below stairs’ in this grand house.
Back in the fresh air, why not pick up a 50 Things booklet when you arrive and see which wintry activities you can tick off. Our woodland walk is perfect for a short winter nature walk, while the south meadow is great place to warm up with a running race or a spot of kite-flying.
Uppark's small woodlands are close to the house and gardens, so easy to explore with little ones. Try building your own camp, or make some wild art with sticks and leaves. If you're very quiet you may spot some wildlife too - the woods are home to plenty of animals, including foxes and deer.
We’ve got buggy-friendly paths around parts of the garden and into the woods but it may be a little wet and muddy there, so bring wellies or walking boots. Ask our team at Visitor Reception for the best routes to take with young families.
Family friendly checklist
To help you plan your visit we’ve put together a short list of extra info that we think you might find useful:
- Children under 5 go free
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available here as well as the Golden Gate Kiosk
- Highchairs available in the café
- We can provide colouring equipment to help keep little ones entertained
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop